Business is flourishing, and so is our team! Flourish and Flourish Events are thrilled to announce the hiring of a new manager for sponsor relations. This part-time position would be in charge of supporting corporate and special events through the lens of sponsorship programs and fundraising campaigns. If you are interested in the position, please see the full job description below! All candidates should send résumé and qualifications to our Director of Flourish Events, Katie Jordan, along with three references.
Manager, Sponsor Relations
Type of position:
Part-time (≤20 hours per week)
- Bachelors degree preferred, with concentration(s) in one or more of the following: Business Administration, Communications, Marketing, Public Relations
- Five years or more experience in direct sales, fundraisingand/or business development
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- A natural networker with a strong and ever-expanding circle of influence
- Proactive, self-motivated, can-do attitude with a heart for client service
- Adept at working individually as well as within a team environment
- A highly organized, quick learner with the natural ability to multi-task
- Goal-oriented and never satisfied with mediocrity – driven to succeed
- A cheerful, optimistic, glass-half-full personality
- Comfortable working with C-suite executives and boards of directors – confidence without arrogance
- Proficient in budgeting both time and resources; a history of effectively managing client budgets
- Fluency in Microsoft Office Suite programs, particularly Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Fluency in Google products, including Gmail, Google Docs, and Google Sheets
- A familiarity with special events, fundraising, and the non-profit sector
- Flexibility in work schedule, so as to attend client events as necessary
The Manager of Sponsor Relations will be a critical member of Flourish’s team entrusted to bolstering corporate and special events through the lens of sponsorship programs and fundraising campaigns. Reporting directly to the Director of Flourish Events, and indirectly to the Founder and Principal of Flourish, this professional will be responsible for working alongside our creative team to develop and expand engaging sponsorship materials, tools, and benefit structures. S/he will excel in gaining cash-based and in-kind support for a variety of corporate, signature, and/or special events produced by Flourish Events and promoted by Flourish Integrated Communications, via direct asks on behalf of the client organization. In addition to providing the highest and best service to our family of clients, the Manager of Sponsor Relations will manage and exceed the expectations of all sponsors and donors of a given event, cultivating an authentic loyalty that results in continued support. Finally, this team member will be encouraged to help grow this area of Flourish’s services, so as to provide vital assistance to as many clients as possible.
A competitive compensation package is offered with benefits that include paid vacation time, flex time, laptop computer, and company cell phone.
How to apply
Send your résumé and qualifications to Katie Jordan, along with three references.