John F. Wyatt, Partner, Named Best Lawyer of the Year and honored for 20th time
Oscar W. Bannister, Partner, receives honor for 25th time
James W. Bannister, Managing Partner, receives honor for 10th time
Four attorneys of Bannister, Wyatt & Stalvey, LLC have been honored in the 2018 Edition of The Best Lawyers in America.
- John Wyatt, founding partner, was named Best Lawyer of the Year in Greenville, S.C. in the practice area of Real Estate Litigation. Wyatt was also listed among Best Lawyers in Greenville, S.C., in the practice areas of Real Estate Litigation and Real Estate Law. This is Wyatt’s 20th consecutive year of receiving the Best Lawyers He was first recognized in 1999.
- W. (“Bill”) Bannister, founding partner, was named among Best Lawyers in Greenville, S.C., in the practice areas of Criminal Defense: General Practice, Criminal Defense: White-Collar, and DUI/DWI Defense. This is Bill Bannister’s 25th year of receiving the Best Lawyers recognition. He was first recognized in 1991.
- James W. (“Jim”) Bannister, managing partner, was named among Best Lawyers in Greenville, S.C., in the practice areas of Criminal Defense: General Practice, Criminal Defense: White-Collar, and DUI/DWI Defense. This is Jim Bannister’s 10th consecutive year of receiving the Best Lawyers He was first recognized in 2008.
- Bruce Bannister, partner, was named among Best Lawyers in Greenville, S.C., in the practice area of Governmental Relations.=
Recognition by Best Lawyers is based entirely on peer review. Its methodology is designed to capture, as accurately as possible, the consensus opinion of leading lawyers about the professional abilities of their colleagues within the same geographical area and legal practice area.
Best Lawyers employs a sophisticated, conscientious, rational, and transparent survey process designed to elicit meaningful and substantive evaluations of the quality of legal services. Their belief has always been that the quality of a peer review survey is directly related to the quality of the voters.
The “Lawyer of the Year” recognition is also awarded to individual attorneys with the highest overall peer-feedback for a specific practice area and geographical region. Only one attorney is recognized as the “Lawyer of the Year” for each specialty and location.
About Best Lawyers
Since it was first published in 1983, Best Lawyers® has become universally regarded as the definitive guide to legal excellence. Best Lawyers lists are compiled based on an exhaustive peer review evaluation. Over 83,000 leading attorneys globally are eligible to vote, and we have received more than 13 million votes to date on the legal abilities of other lawyers based on their specific practice areas around the world. For the 2017 Edition of The Best Lawyers in America©, 7.3 million votes were analyzed, which resulted in almost 55,000 leading lawyers being included in the new edition. Lawyers are not required or allowed to pay a fee to be listed; therefore inclusion in Best Lawyers is considered a singular honor. Corporate Counsel magazine has called Best Lawyers “the most respected referral list of attorneys in practice.”
About Bannister, Wyatt & Stalvey, LLC
Since 1976, the award-winning attorneys of Bannister, Wyatt & Stalvey have provided skilled, professional, and tailored legal advice in the areas of criminal law, family law and real estate law in Greenville, S.C. Learn more at www.bannisterandwyatt.com.
Assets to view/download:
- Headshot of John Wyatt
- Headshot of O.W. Bannister
- Headshot of James W. Bannister
- Headshot of Bruce Bannister